The Zcash Foundation is a non-profit organization registered in the state of Delaware.
The Zcash board of directors comprises:
- Andrew Miller (chair, president) Andrew Miller is an Assistant Professor in the Electrical and Computer Engineering department at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, and an associate director of the Initiative for Cryptocurrencies and Contracts.
- Peter Van Valkenburgh (secretary) Peter Van Valkenburgh is the Director of Research at Coin Center, a non-profit organization focused on resarch, education, and advocacy on topics involving policy and cryptocurrencies.
- Matthew Green Matthew Green is an Assistant Professor of Computer Science at Johns Hopkins University, and one of the authors of the original Zerocash research paper.
- Naval Ravikant Naval Ravikant is the founder and CEO of AngelList, and one of the venture capital investors behind Zcash.
- Yan Zhu Yan is a Senior Software Engineer at Brave and a security researcher.