The Zcash Foundation is a non-profit organization registered in the state of Delaware. You can read our detailed Mission here. Most of the Foundation is organized via GitHub, where you can find our main repository and our organization page.
The Zcash Foundation Board of Directors comprises:
- Andrew Miller (Chair, President) • Assistant Professor in the Electrical and Computer Engineering department at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, and an associate director of the Initiative for Cryptocurrencies and Contracts.
- Peter Van Valkenburgh (Secretary) • Director of Research at Coin Center, a nonprofit organization focused on research, education, and advocacy on the intersection between policy and cryptocurrencies.
- Matthew Green • Assistant Professor of Computer Science at Johns Hopkins University, and one of the authors of the original Zerocash research paper.
- Naval Ravikant • Founder and CEO of AngelList, and one of the venture capital investors behind Zcash.
- Yan Zhu • Senior Software Engineer at Brave and security researcher.
The Foundation’s employees:
- Josh Cincinnati • Executive Director of the Foundation, and an active member of the cryptocurrency community.
- Antonie Hodge • Operations Director of the Zcash Foundation, and simultaneously Operations Director of Coin Center, the leading nonprofit think tank focused on policy issues facing cryptocurrencies.
- Sonya Mann • Communications Manager for the Foundation, a role she came to from tech journalism.