The Zcash Foundation is a nonprofit organization registered in the state of Delaware. You can read our detailed Mission here. Most of the Foundation is organized via GitHub, where you can find our main repository and our organization page.
The Zcash Foundation Board of Directors comprises:
- Andrew Miller (Chair, President) • Assistant Professor in the Electrical and Computer Engineering department at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, and an associate director of the Initiative for Cryptocurrencies and Contracts.
- Peter Van Valkenburgh (Secretary) • Director of Research at Coin Center, a nonprofit organization focused on research, education, and advocacy on the intersection of policy and cryptocurrencies.
- Matthew Green • Associate Professor of Computer Science at Johns Hopkins University, and one of the authors of the original Zerocash research paper.
- Amber Baldet • CEO of Clovyr, former JPMorgan Blockchain Program Lead, and co-creator of a zero-knowledge settlement layer for enterprise Ethereum.
- Ian Miers • Postdoc studying computer security and applied cryptography at Cornell Tech, and one of the creators of Zcash.
- Naval Ravikant • Founder and CEO of AngelList, and one of the venture capital investors behind Zcash.
- Yan Zhu • Senior Software Engineer at Brave and security researcher.
The Foundation’s employees:
- Josh Cincinnati • Executive Director of the Foundation, and an active member of the cryptocurrency community.
- Antonie Hodge • Operations Director of the Zcash Foundation. Also serves as Operations Director at Coin Center.
- Sonya Mann • Communications Manager for the Foundation and a former tech journalist.